Local Authority Partnerships for Businesses
Partner Authority Scheme – What is it?
One local authority to cover the whole country. The LABC Partner Authority Scheme (PAS) is designed to help companies that operate in multiple locations and deal with many local authorities. The scheme enables a company or adviser to have a one-to-one working relationship with a preferred local authority for advice and plan appraisal. The site inspections are carried out by the local authority where each project is carried out.
A consistent approach
There are a number of benefits to this scheme including:
• This scheme helps to simplify and speed up the building process generating substantial savings in time and money.
• A dedicated professional building control surveyor from the preferred local authority becomes part of the design team to offer advice on all projects no matter where they are in the country.
• The design team approach ensures that any issues can be resolved early in the design process and will eliminate the need for expensive corrections later in the construction phase.
• The single point of contact provided through this scheme results in a consistent approach to plan appraisal.
• Any local conditions, site specific information and necessary consultations are investigated on behalf of the client.
In summary, the client benefits from a single point of contact, consistent approach, improved pre-application service and still benefits from local knowledge, excellent liaison with other services such as Fire, Police and Environmental Health.